Business Education Course Offerings
About Business Education Staff
Business Department Links
WHAT IS BUSINESS EDUCATION
AT SOUTH SENECA HIGH SCHOOL?
Business education is a curriculum encompassing such diverse areas of study as Accounting, Law, Career Education, Commercial Art and Design, Communications and Technical Writing, Consumer Education, Entrepreneurship, Human Relations, Marketing, and Microcomputer Applications.
The primary goal of business education is to provide students with a strong foundation in employment skills. But beyond teaching occupational skills, the business program teaches students about business, about the expectations of the business environment, and about how businesses fit into our economy.
Incorporated throughout the total program are efforts to:
- Refine communication skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Develop critical thinking, reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Improve and refine interpersonal skills.
- Increase proficiency with a variety of computer hardware/software most commonly used in business including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, and others.
- Make cross-curricular connections between core subject content and occupational applications.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM
BUSINESS EDUCATION COURSES?
Business education courses can help students to
- Improve family life competencies in communication and finance (including saving, checking, investing, budgeting, and goal setting).
- Prepare to enter a career immediately after graduation in a diversity of occupations.
- Prepare for part-time employment while attending college.
- Acquire background knowledge for college programs in administration, management, accounting, law, or liberal arts.
- Understand the business aspects of many careers.
- Make intelligent decisions as consumers, workers, and citizens.